House practice : a guide to the rules, precedents, and procedures of the House / Wm. Holmes Brown, Charles W. Johnson, John V. Sullivan
- Brown, Wm. Holmes (William Holmes)
- Additional Titles:
- Guide to the rules, precedents, and procedures of the House
- Washington : U.S. Government Printing Office, 2011.
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- [Third edition.].
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 1,036 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Johnson, Charles W., III, Sullivan, John V., and United States. Congress. House
- HeinOnline U.S. Congressional Documents Collection: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- HeinOnline U.S. Federal Agency Documents, Decisions, & Appeals Library: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Adjournment -- Amendments -- Appeals -- Appropriations -- Assembly of Congress -- Bills and resolutions -- Budget process -- Calendar Wednesday -- Calendars -- Chamber, rooms, and galleries -- Committees -- Committees of the Whole -- Conferences between the Houses -- Congressional procedures enacted in law -- Congressional Record -- Consideration and debate -- Contempt -- Delegates and Resident Commissioner -- Discharging measures from Committees -- District of Columbia business -- Division of the question for voting -- Election contests and disputes -- Election of members -- Electoral counts ; Selection of President and Vice President -- Ethics ; Committee on Ethics -- Germaneness of amendments -- Impeachment -- Journal -- Lay on the table -- Messages between the Houses -- Morning hour ; Call of Committees -- Motions -- Oaths -- Office of the Speaker -- Officers and offices -- Order of business ; Privileged business -- Points of order ; Parliamentary inquiries -- Postponement -- Previous question -- Private calendar -- Question of consideration -- Questions of privilege -- Quorums -- Reading, passage, and enactment -- Recess -- Recognition -- Reconsideration -- Refer and recommit -- Resolutions of inquiry -- Rules and precedents of the House -- Senate Bills ; Amendments between the Houses -- Special orders of business -- Suspension of rules -- Unanimous-consent agreements -- Unfinished business -- Unfunded mandates -- Veto of bills -- Voting -- Withdrawal.
- Report Numbers:
- Y 1.2:P 88/2/2011
- "112th Congress, 1st session"--Cover.
View MARC record | catkey: 23120556