Masterpiece. Wolf Hall. Part 6 / a Playground Entertainment and Company Pictures production ; adapted by Peter Straughan ; produced by Mark Pybus ; directed by Peter Kosminsky
- Additional Titles:
- Master of phantoms and Wolf Hall, part 6
- Arlington, VA : Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (60 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Kosminsky, Peter, Pybus, Mark, Mantel, Hilary, 1952- Selections, Playground Entertainment (Firm), and Company Pictures (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- A historical drama for a modern audience, Wolf Hall, the 2016 Peabody Award and Golden Globe winner for Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, tells the story of Thomas Cromwell, played by Mark Rylance (Bridge of Spies, Twelfth Night)-a blacksmith's son who rises from the ashes of personal disaster, and deftly picks his way through a court where "man is wolf to man." Damian Lewis (Homeland) is King Henry VIII, haunted by his brother's premature death and obsessed with protecting the Tudor dynasty by securing his succession with a male heir to the throne. The cast also includes Claire Foy (The Queen, Little Dorrit) as the future queen Anne Boleyn.Adapted from Hilary Mantel's best-selling Booker Prize-winning novels Wolf Hall and its sequel, Bring Up the Bodies, Wolf Hall follows the complex machinations and back room dealings of accomplished power broker Thomas Cromwell, who must serve king and country while dealing with deadly political intrigue, Henry VIII's tempestuous relationship with Anne Boleyn, and the religious upheavals of the Protestant reformation.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 15, 2018).
Based on the novels by Hilary Mantel.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Mark Rylance, Damian Lewis, Claire Foy, Bernard Hill, Anton Lesser, Mark Gatiss, Mathieu Amalric, Joanne Whalley, Jonathan Pryce.
- Won 2016 Golden Globes, USA, Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Won 2016 BAFTA Awards, BAFTA TV Award, Best Drama Series
Won 2016 BAFTA Awards, BAFTA TV Award, Best Leading Actor, Mark Rylance
Won 2016 Bafta TV Craft, Sound: Fiction
Won 2016 Bafta TV Craft, BAFTA Television Craft Award, Sound Fiction and Entertainment
Won 2015 British Society of Cinematographers, Best Photography in a TV Drama Award, Gavin Finney
Won 2015 Broadcasting Press Guild Awards, Broadcasting Press Guild Award, Best Actor, Mark Rylance
Won 2016 Festival de Television de Monte Carlo, Golden Nymph, Best Actor - Long Fiction Program, Mark Rylance
Won 2016 Peabody Awards, Entertainment and Children's Programming Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
Won 2015 Satellite Awards, Best Actor in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television, Mark Rylance
Won 2016 Televisual Bulldog Awards, UK, Televisual Bulldog Award, Best Cinematography Gavin Finney
View MARC record | catkey: 23121254