Revisiting gendered states : feminist imaginings of the state in international relations / edited by Swati Parashar, J. Ann Tickner, and Jacqui True
- Oxford studies in gender and international relations
- Introduction : feminist imaginings of 21st century gendered states / Swati Parashar, J. Ann Tickner, and Jacqui True -- Rethinking the state in international relations : a personal reflection / J. Ann Tickner -- Bringing back gendered states : feminist second image theorizing of international relations / Jacqui True -- Manly states and feminist foreign policy : revisiting the liberal state as an agent of change / David Duriesmith -- Rescuing the state? : sovereignty, identity, and the gendered re-articulation of the state / Christine Agius -- Gendered state assemblages and temporary labor migration : the case of Sri Lanka / Samanthi J. Gunawardana -- Mother Russia in queer peril : the gender logic of the hypermasculine state / Cai Wilkinson -- A global South state's challenge to gendered global cultures of peacekeeping / Lesley J. Pruitt -- The gendered state and the emergence of a post-conflict, post-disaster semi-autonomous form of state (Aceh, Indonesia) / Katrina Lee-Koo -- The postcolonial/emotional state : mother India's response to her deviant Maoist children / Swati Parashar -- Violence and gender politics in forming the proto-state "Islamic state" / Katherine E. Brown -- Afterwards / Christine Sylvester.
- 9780190644048 (paperback ; acid-free paper)
0190644044 (paperback ; acid-free paper)
9780190644031 (hardcover ; acid-free paper)
0190644036 (hardcover ; acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Barbara S. Klein Libraries Collection Endowment in Art History and International Affairs; 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 23121299