Forest bathing : how trees can help you find health and happiness / Dr. Qing Li.
- Li, Qing (Medical doctor)
- New York, New York : Viking, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 309 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 22 cm
- Introduction: Our relationship to forests -- From a feeling to a science -- How to practise shinrin-yoku -- Bringing the forest indoors -- Thinking about the future -- Appendices: 40 beautiful forests across the world ; The POMS test.
- "The definitive guide to the therapeutic Japanese practice of shinrin-yoku, or the art and science of how trees can promote health and happiness Notice how a tree sways in the wind. Run your hands over its bark. Take in its citrusy scent. As a society we suffer from nature deficit disorder, but studies have shown that spending mindful, intentional time around trees--what the Japanese call shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing--can promote health and happiness. In this beautiful book--featuring more than 100 color photographs from forests around the world, including the forest therapy trails that criss-cross Japan--Dr. Qing Li, the world's foremost expert in forest medicine, shows how forest bathing can reduce your stress levels and blood pressure, strengthen your immune and cardiovascular systems, boost your energy, mood, creativity, and concentration, and even help you lose weight and live longer. Once you've discovered the healing power of trees, you can lose yourself in the beauty of your surroundings, leave everyday stress behind, and reach a place of greater calm and wellness"--
- 9780525559856 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 23121929