American heat : ethical problems with the United States' response to global warming / Donald A. Brown
- Brown, Donald A., 1944-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 261 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- PRELIMINARY MATTERS: Absence of ethical concern -- History of U.S. participation in global warming negotiations -- Environmental ethics and global warming policy -- Global warming, ethics, and foreign policy -- What is at stake? global warming's threat to human health and the environment -- Uncertainty in the science of climate change -- ETHICAL ANALYSIS OF U.S. EXCUSES FOR LACK OF ACTION ON GLOBAL WARMING: Ethical duty to reduce emissions in the face of scientific uncertainty about global warming consequences -- U.S. obligations to act even if the developing world does not -- Ethical issues entailed by the use of cost-benefit analysis-based arguments made in opposition to U.S. greenhouse gas reduction programs -- Ethical problems with the U.S. insistence on its view of the Kyoto flexibility mechanisms -- OTHER GLOBAL WARMING ETHICAL ISSUES: An equitable allocation of greenhouse gas emissions among nations -- Ethical dimensions of a greenhouse gas atmospheric stabilization target.
- 0742512959 (cloth : alk. paper)
0742512967 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 249-256) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2312810