A modern Arcadia : Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. & the plan for Forest Hills Gardens / Susan L. Klaus
- Klaus, Susan L.
- Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 207 pages : illustrations, maps ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Olmsted, Frederick Law, 1870-1957
Library of American Landscape History
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- "A garden city for America" -- All in the family : Olmsted's early career -- "A suburban town built on business principles": the foundation's experiment -- "The thoroughness with which things are done here" : planning and construction -- "The English type" : architectural and landscape design -- "Normal and usual social conditions" : marketing and management -- "A village of rare charm" : why we chose forest hills gardens -- The legacy of forest hills gardens.
- "In association with Library of American Landscape History, Amherst."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -197) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2314821