DFT frequency-domain analysis / Gary B. Hughes
- Hughes, Gary B., 1960-
- Additional Titles:
- Discrete Fourier transform frequency-domain analysis
- Bellingham, Washington, USA : SPIE Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 230 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Preface -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Preliminary background for the Fourier analysis of mathematical functions -- 3. Fourier transforms for discretely sampled data -- 4. Pre-processing and other tricks of the DFT trade -- 5. Signal analysis applications -- Appendix: MATLAB source code: validation and verification -- Index.
- This monograph addresses the fundamental concepts of frequency spectrum analysis using discrete Fourier transforms. Topics range from the discretization of measured physical phenomenon to the interpretation of periodogram spectral content in terms of the Fourier basis sinusoids. The text also discusses peculiarities that arise due to discretization, such as leakage and aliasing, and why de-trending and windows mitigate such effects. Included examples explain the details of implementation and interpretation, with MATLAB source code provided for a number of frequency-spectrum-analysis tools.
- 9781510616103 electronic
- "SPIE Digital Library."--Website.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print version.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 23171008