The forestry reclamation approach : guide to successful reforestation of mined lands / Mary Beth Adams, editor
- Angel, Patrick
- Additional Titles:
- Guide to successful reforestation of mined lands
- Newtown Square, PA : U.S. Forest Service, May 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (119 unnumbered pages) : color illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Adams, Mary Beth, 1958-
United States. Forest Service. Northern Research Station
- General technical report NRS ; 169
- The Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative / Patrick Angel, Vic Davis, Jim Burger, Don Graves, and Carl Zipper -- The Forestry Reclamation Approach / Jim Burger, Don Graves, Patrick Angel, Vic Davis, and Carl Zipper -- Selecting materials for mine soil construction when establishing forests on Appalachian mined lands / Jeff Skousen, Carl Zipper, Jim Burger, Christopher Barton, and Patrick Angel -- Low compaction grading to enhance reforestation success on coal surface mines / R. Sweigard, J. Burger, C. Zipper, J. Skousen, C. Barton, and P. Angel -- Loosening compacted soils on mined lands / B. Strahm, R. Sweigard, J. Burger, D. Graves, C. Zipper, C. Barton, J. Skousen, and P. Angel -- Three-compatible ground covers for reforestation and erosion control / J. Burger, V. Davis, J. Franklin, C. Zipper, J. Skousen, C. Barton, and P. Angel -- Selecting tree species for reforestation of Appalachian mined lands / V. Davis, J.A. Burger, R. Rathfon, C.E. Zipper, and C.R. Miller -- Mine reclamation practices to enhance forest development through natural succession / J. Groninger, J. Skousen, P. Angel, C. Barton, J. Burger, and C. Zipper -- Planting hardwood tree seedlings on reclaimed mine land in the Appalachian region / V. Davis, J. Franklin, C. Zipper, and P. Angel -- Establishing native trees on legacy surface mines / J.A. Burger, C.E. Zipper, P.N. Angel, N. Hall, J.G. Skousen, C.D. Barton, and S. Eggerud -- Reforestation to enhance Appalachian mined lands as habitat for terrestrial wildlife / Petra Wood, Jeff Larkin, Jeremy Mizel, Carl Zipper, and Patrick Angel -- Reestablishing American chestnut on mined lands in the Appalachian coalfields / Michael French, Chris Barton, Brian McCarthy, Carolyn Keiffer, Jeff Skousen, Carl Zipper, and Patrick Angel.
- Authors: Patrick Angel [and seventeen others].
"Manuscript received for publication July 2016."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 23171907