Allied ballet of color. Fall & winter, July-December 1942. 105th triumphant American season
- Corporate Author:
- Aberlē (Firm)
- Additional Titles:
- Aberlē Ballet
Aberlē presents Allied ballet of color
- Philadelphia ; New York : Aberlē, Inc., 
N.Y. : Willard B. Golovin Co.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages : chiefly color illustrations, samples ; 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Golovin, Willard B. (Willard Bayer), 1908-2001
Willard B. Golovin, Inc
- Themed catalog inspired by "Ballets of the future," representing the Allied powers of World War II. Stockings featured in this catalog were manufactured using rayon due to the war. Includes two-page spreads for Ballet Americana, Ballet China, Ballet Russe, and Ballet Britannia. Each spread includes a full-page illustration of the described country at war, stocking and fabric samples, illustrations of dancers in costumes themed for the nation, description of the manufacturer, and suggested occasions to wear the stocking described. Includes introductory page briefly describing the contributions of each of the four countries to the war. Introduction also includes a section on the sacrifices of American women in giving up stockings to support the troops, instead developing an alternate yarn "so that your charm would continue to inspire and maintain the morale." The middle two pages describe the Aberlē manufacture of rayon stockings, with illustrations to demonstrate fit, precision, texture, and elasticity. Last page includes color wheel and additional stocking samples.
- Aberlē (Firm)—Catalogs
- Costume—Pictorial works
- Ballet—Stage-setting and scenery—Pictorial works
- World War, 1939-1945—United States—Pictorial works
- World War, 1939-1945—China—Pictorial works
- World War, 1939-1945—Russia—Pictorial works
- World War, 1939-1945—Great Britain—Pictorial works
- Title from inside front cover.
At head of title: Aberlē presents sheer enduring rayon stockings.
"This edition ... limited to 750 copies."
Illustrations by Willard B. Golovin.
Rare Books copy: Number 323. Laid in are two reproductions from Printer's ink monthly, April 1941, regarding the addition of the Aberlē Ballet spring-summer color book to the Museum of Modern Art.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Ursus Books, Ltd.; 2015.
View MARC record | catkey: 23173433