American film in the digital age [electronic resource] / Robert C. Sickels
- Sickels, Robert
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 184 p. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : American film in the digital age -- From the business of film to the business of entertainment : Hollywood in the age of digital technology / by Yannis Tzioumakis -- The guillotine has fallen and the beaches of Malibu are littered with carcasses : the death of American independent movies -- Sex and censorship since Monicagate : whither the artistic "X"? -- Genre goes pastiche : genre in contemporary Hollywood -- Navigating the contemporary Hollywood business model : directors in the digital age -- The rise and fall of the $100 million paycheck : Hollywood stardom since 1990 / by Anne Helen Petersen -- TV : the last best hope? -- "The future, Mr. Gittes. The future" : next wave filmmaking and beyond.
- 9780275998622 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23175071