Sacred buildings [electronic resource] : a design manual / Rudolf Stegers ; contributions by Dorothea Baumann ... [et al.].
- Stegers, Rudolf
- Uniform Title:
- Entwurfsatlas Sakralbau. English
- Basel ; Boston : Birkhäuser, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 247 p. : ill. (some col.), plans ; 34 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Baumann, Dorothea
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Principles of sacred buildings -- Church architecture past and present / Rudolph Stegers -- Synagogue architecture in the recent past and present / Roman Hollenstein -- Mosque architecture past and present / Negar Hakim -- Acoustics in sacred buildings / Dorothea Baumann and Christina Niederstätter -- Light in sacred buildings / Eva-Maria Kreuz -- Selection of projects: Churches. Synagogues. Mosques. Crematoria and chapels of rest -- Appendix.
- The building of religious structures represents a rare opportunity for the architect to concentrate on the creation of volume, space, and form. This volume introduces the design, technical, and planning fundamentals of building churches, synagogues and mosques, and also presents about 70 realized structures from recent years.
- 9783764388195 (pbk.) and 9783764366834
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-244) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 23181289