Teenagers and Community Service [electronic resource]: A Guide to the Issues
- Kenny, Maureen E.
- Praeger Publishers [Imprint] Aug. 2003 Portsmouth : Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated Santa Barbara : ABC-CLIO, LLC [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 320 p. 24.400 x 016.400 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gallagher, Laura A.
- Contemporary Youth Issues Ser
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation <p>Community service is increasingly recognized as an important vehicle for promoting positive development among adolescents. This book provides teenagers, parents, teachers, professionals, and concerned adults with current and useful information. Included are resources for middle school, high school, and college students.</p><p>Those organizing and running programs will find a wealth of material for development and improvement, including:</p><p>· An examination of the characteristics of effective programs, the young people who engage in service, and those who benefit</p><p>· Practical strategies for those looking to start programs</p><p>· A look at current controversies, such as mandatory service</p><p>A chronology provides the historical context for understanding the current status of community service, completing this practical and accessible guide to understanding and implementing good community service programs.</p>
- 9780275979768 and 0275979768 (Trade Cloth)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated
View MARC record | catkey: 23182037