The undreaded job [electronic resource] : learning to thrive in a less-than-perfect workplace / Richard Brislin
- Brislin, Richard W., 1945-
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 271 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- International contributions in psychology
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : finding happiness in the workplace -- Leadership -- People's cognitions -- Groups in the workplace -- Challenges to effective communication with others -- Ways of increasing effective communication -- Understanding power in the workplace -- Social skills -- Attitudes in the workplace -- Decision making -- Worker motivation -- Dealing with prejudice and embracing diversity -- Personal and organizational change -- Some final considerations.
- 9780313385919 (hard copy : alk. paper), 0313385912 (hard copy : alk. paper), 9780313385926 (ebook), and 0313385920 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -259) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23182351