Our summer in Europe, 1907
- Willits, Dud
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (120 leaves) ; 29 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- Nicely-written travelogue of Western Europe, chiefly by car, by the narrator Willits and his companion Fred. They left New York on 23 May and returned 31 August 1907. The narrator describes scenery, people, sites, and even the historical significance of places, in a breezy, personal, casual style. Includes descriptions of France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, and England, as well as their return voyage across the Atlantic on the ship Kaiserin Auguste Victoria. Bound mimeograph typescript copy; title stamped on cover in gold within decorative line border.
- In Rare Books and Manuscripts, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (#2002-0068R/A-S)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased from R. & A. Petrilla, 2002.
- Administrative History:
- The author, Willits, is a young American touring Europe with his friend Fred. He refers to himself once as "Uncle Dud."
- Action Note:
- Rare Books copy: housed; 20200305; box. Phase box. and Rare Books copy: condition reviewed; 20200305; torn; brittle. Cover detached, fragile.
View MARC record | catkey: 2318277