Deep blues [videorecording] : a musical pilgrimage to the crossroads / a Robert Mugge film ; an Oil Factory/Radio Active Films Production in association with Channel 4.
- [New York?] : Fox Lorber CentreStage, 
New York : Distributed by WinStar TV & Video.
- Special collector's ed. DVD.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 90 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Mugge, Robert, 1950-, Palmer, Robert, 1945-1997, Oil Factory Ltd, Radio Active Films, Channel Four (Great Britain), Fox Lorber CentreStage (Firm), and WinStar TV and Video (Firm)
- Memphis blues / Booker T. Laury -- Jumper on the line / R.L. Burnside -- Bouncing ball / Jessie Mae's Fife and Drum Band -- You can talk about me / Jessie Mae Hemphill -- Junior, I love you (All night long) / Junior Kimbrough -- Heart broken man ; Ain't goin' to worry about tomorrow / Roosevelt "Booba" Barnes -- Catfish blues ; Daddy, when is mama comin' home? / Big Jack Johnson -- The devil ; Hard time killin' floor blues / Jack Owens and Bud Spires -- Johnny stole an apple ; If I had possession over judgement day ; Come on in my kitchen / Lonnie Pitchford.
- Robert Palmer, author of Deep Blues and Dave Stewart, a member of Eurythmics pays tribute to the Mississippi blues and various blues artists. Special features include discographies of the performers, performance footage outtakes, an interview with Dave Stewart, bonus audio links, and weblinks.
- Subtitle from disc.
Film originally released 1992.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director, Robert Mugge ; producers, Eileen Gregory, John Stewart ; writer and music director, Robert Palmer.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Commentator, Robert Palmer.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2318399