Welfare reform : the next act / edited by Alan Weil and Kenneth Finegold
- Washington, D.C. : Urban Institute Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 266 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Weil, Alan and Finegold, Kenneth, 1957-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Putting policy into practice : five years of welfare reform -- Making the transition from welfare to work : successes but continuing concerns -- Family structure and childbearing before and after welfare reform -- Family incomes : rising, falling, or holding steady? -- How are children faring under welfare reform? -- Work opportunities for people leaving welfare -- Child care and welfare reform -- Health insurance, welfare, and work -- The "hard-to-serve" : definitions and implications -- Assessing welfare reform's immigrant provisions -- Race, ethnicity, and welfare reform -- TANF funding and spending across the states.
- 0877667101 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- UP-PAT copy formerly part of the Population Research Institute (PRI) Collection.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20034.
View MARC record | catkey: 2330452