The dearest birth right of the people of England : the jury in the history of the common law / edited by John Cairns and Grant Macleod
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 243 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cairns, John and McLeod, Grant
- Dearest birth right of the people of England: the civil jury in modern Scottish legal history / John W. Cairns -- Towards the jury in medieval Wales / Dafydd Jenkins -- Petit larceny, jury lenity and parliament / Roger D. Groot -- The jury in English manorial courts / Maureen Mulholland -- Jurors, evidences and the tempest of 1499 / David J. Seipp -- No link: the jury and the origins of the confrontation right and the hearsay rule / Richard D. Friedman -- A quest of thoughts: representation and moral agency in the early Anglo-American jury / J. R. Pole -- Jury research in the English reports in cd-rom / James Oldham -- The limits of discretion: forgery and the jury at the Old Bailey, 1818-21 / Philip Handler -- The strange life of the English civil jury, 1837-1914 / Michael Lobban -- The fate of the civil jury in late Victorian England: malicious prosecution as a test case / Joshua Getzler.
- 1841133256 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2337188