Making the nation safer : the role of science and technology in countering terrorism / Committee on Science and Technology for Countering Terrorism, National Research Council
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 415 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Science and Technology for Countering Terrorism
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Nuclear and radiological threats -- 3. Human and agricultural health systems -- 4. Toxic chemicals and explosive materials -- 5. Information technology -- 6. Energy systems -- 7. Transportation systems -- 8. Cities and fixed infrastructure -- 9. The response of people to terrorism -- 10. Complex and interdependent systems -- 11. The significance of crosscutting challenges and technologies -- 12. Equipping the federal government to counter terrorism -- 13. Essential partners in a national strategy: states and cities, industry, and universities.
- 0309084814 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2339159