An account of the injurious proceedings of Sir George Jeffreys Knt., late recorder of London, against Francis Smith, bookseller, with his arbitrary carriage towards the grand-jury, at Guild-Hall, Sept. 16, 1680, upon an indictment then exhibited against the said Francis Smith for publishing a pretended libel, entituled, An act of Common-Council for retrenching the expences of the Lord Mayor and sheriffs of the city of London, &c., together with an abstract of very many former losses, and publick sufferings sustained by him both in his person and estate : humbly submitted to the consideration of all true English-men
- Smith, Francis, active 1657-1689
- London : Printed for Francis Smith, at the Elephant and Castle in Cornhil near the Royal-Exchange, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages).
- 17th and 18th Century Nichols Newspapers Collection
- Pages 13-16 incorrectly numbered 17-20.
Signed (page 20): "Francis Smith".
Shelfmark number: Nich. newsp. 2B.
Reproduction of the originals from Bodleian Libraries.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, A300
View MARC record | catkey: 23433802