Bringing democracy to disarmament : a historical perspective on the special sessions of the General Assembly devoted to disarmament / by Randy J. Rydell, PhD
- Rydell, Randy
- Additional Titles:
- Historical perspective on the special sessions of the General Assembly devoted to disarmament
- [New York, N.Y.] : United Nations,  and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 108 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- United Nations. Office for Disarmament Affairs
- UNODA occasional papers ; no. 29 and HeinOnline United Nations law collection
- This paper provides historical background on the special sessions of the General Assembly devoted to disarmament (1978, 1982 and 1988) and discusses efforts to convene a fourth special session. The Assembly has used these sessions to enable Member States to participate in the process of developing or strengthening global norms in disarmament. Complementing work done elsewhere in the multilateral disarmament machinery, the sessions enable consideration of how the various parts of the disarmament puzzle fit together in a coherent whole.
- "October 2016." and "United Nations publication sales no. E.16.IX.9"--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 23435299