History of the United Nations War Crimes Commission and the development of the laws of war / compiled by the United Nations War Crimes Commission
- London : H.M.S.O., 1948.
[Buffalo, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., [200-?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xx, 592 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- United Nations War Crimes Commission
- HeinOnline United Nations law collection
HeinOnline legal classics library
HeinOnline world trials
HeinOnline history of international law
- Outline of the developments of the laws of war prior to the first World War -- Developments of the laws of war during the first World War -- Developments in the laws of war between the two World Wars -- Various developments in the concept of war crimes during the second World War 1939-1943 -- The establishment and organisation of the United Nations War Crimes Commission -- General historical survey of the activities of the Commission -- Activities on questions of substantive law -- Developments in the concepts of crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes against peace -- Developments in the doctrines of individual responsibility of members of governments and administrators, of acts of state, of immunity of heads of state, and of superior orders -- Developments of the law respecting criminal groups and organisations -- Machinery for the tracing and apprehension of war criminals -- Arrangements for the surrender of war criminals -- Developments in the concept and procedure of trying war criminals -- Committee 1. The examination of cases and the listing of war criminals.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -573) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23436471