Civil society and disarmament 2010 : non-governmental organization presentations at the 2010 Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference
- Additional Titles:
- Non-governmental organization presentations at the 2010 Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference and At head of title: UNODA, United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs
- [New York, New York] : United Nations, 
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 78 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- United Nations. Office for Disarmament Affairs
- HeinOnline United Nations Law Collection: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- HeinOnline U.S. Treaties & Agreements Library: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Introduction / delivered by Ray Acheson -- A nuclear weapons convention: the true path to nuclear non-proliferation / delivered by Jody Williams -- Hibakusha statement: "Humans cannot coexist with nuclear weapons" / delivered by Taniguchi Sumiteru -- Nuclear deterrence / delivered by Rob Green -- Alternative civil society view: nuclear deterrence / delivered by Christopher Ford -- Youth speech / delivered by Barbara Streibl and Fatih Oezcan -- The Path to a nuclear-free world: the case for a Nuclear Weapons Convention / delivered by Rebecca Johnson -- Statement of Jayantha Dhanapala-- Issues related to nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation, part 1 / delivered by John Borroughs -- Issues related to nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation, part 2 / delivered by Jae Won Lee -- Middle East nuclear weapon free zone / delivered by Holly Lindamood -- Article IV: the NPT's fault line / delivered by Mary Olson -- Statement by a meeting of non-governmental experts from countries belonging to the New Agenda Coalition / delivered by Amelia Broodryk -- Religious leaders statement / delivered by Most Venerable Gijun Sugitani -- Speech by the Mayor of Hiroshima / delivered by Tadatoshi Akiba -- The Mayor of Nagasaki's statement / delivered by Tomihisa Taue.
- This publication contains the statements by representatives of civil society organizations which were delivered on 7 May 2010 during the Non-Governmental Organization segment of the 2010 Review Conference of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The Office for Disarmament Affairs is publishing this material within the context of General Assembly resolution 63/81 on the United Nations Disarmament Information Programme in order to further an informed debate on topical issues of arms limitation, disarmament and security. The material appearing in this publication are the views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the United Nations or its Member States.
- "Sales no. E.10.IX.6"--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 23442147