The Haywood case : materials for analysis / selected and edited by Abe C. Ravitz and James N. Primm
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928
- San Francisco : Chandler Pub. Co.,  and [Buffalo, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 244 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Ravitz, Abe C., Primm, James Neal, 1918-, and Idaho. District Court (7th Judicial District)
- HeinOnline world trials and HeinOnline history of capital punishment
- The Idaho murder trial / Luke Grant -- Funeral address / William E. Borah -- The passing of Steunenberg / Miner's magazine -- Criminal record of the Western Federation of Miners / Colorado Mine Operators' Association -- Reply to the Mine Operators' Association / Western Federation of Miners -- Pettibone v. Nichols / Supreme Court opinions -- Pinkerton reports / James McParland -- Something rotten in Idaho / Jack London -- Selecting the jury / Idaho Daily Statesman -- The guilt of Haywood / James Hawley, prosecutor -- Autobiography / Harry Orchard -- The sincerity of Harry Orchard / William B. Masterson -- Prof. Meunsterberg declares Orchard story true / Idaho Daily Statesman -- The awful story / William E. Borah, prosecutor -- "Big Bill," martyr / Clarence Darrow, defense counsel -- Autobiography / William D. Haywood -- The rights of the underdog / Clarence Darrow, defense counsel -- The court's instructions concerning law and evidence / Fremont Wood, judge -- Editorial comment of New York papers on verdict / Idaho Daily Statesman -- Haywood's acquittal / The nation -- The Haywood trial : a review / Luke Grant.
- Haywood was tried for the Dec. 30th, 1905 assassination of Idaho's former governor Frank R. Steunenberg.
View MARC record | catkey: 23452436