A history of political theories. , From Luther to Montesquieu / by William Archibald Dunning
- Dunning, William Archibald, 1857-1922
- Additional Titles:
- Political theories and History of political theories from Luther to Montesquieu
- New York : The Macmillan Company, 1905.
[Buffalo, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., [between 2009 and 2013]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 459 pages).
- The Reformation -- Anti-monarchic doctrines in the sixteenth century -- Jean Bodin -- Catholic controversialists and jurists -- Hugo Grotius -- English political philosophy before the Puritan revolution -- Theories of the Puritan revolution -- Thomas Hobbes -- Continental theory during the age of Louis XIV -- John Locke -- From Locke to Montesquieu -- Montesquieu.
- "Carries forward to the middle of the eighteenth century the work begun in the History of political theories, ancient and modern"--Preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 435-448) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23457849