Africa : its partition and its future / by Sir Henry M. Stanley and others ; with an introduction by Harry Thurston Peck
- New York : Dodd, Mead and Company, 1898.
[Buffalo, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., [between 2009 and 2013]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 263 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Stanley, Henry M. (Henry Morton), 1841-1904
- HeinOnline world constitutions illustrated
- Africa in the twentieth century / Henry M. Stanley -- The partition of Africa / J. Scott Keltie -- The British Empire in Africa / W.T. Stead -- The German Empire in Africa / F. Bley -- The French Empire in Africa / M. Paul Guleysse -- The independent Kongo state / Charles Lemaire -- England, the Sudan, and France / Henry Norman -- The future of Nigeria / George Taubman-Goldie -- The kingdom of Uganda / F.D. Lugard -- Abyssinia and its people / T.C.S. Speedy -- The republic of Liberia: its future / J.C. Hartzell -- The commerce, railways, and telegraphs of Africa / Edward Heawood -- The map of Africa / H.K. Carroll.
- "The papers ... were recently prepared by their authors at the request of the Independent, in whose pages they first appeared"--Note.
View MARC record | catkey: 23466287