A code of Gentoo laws, or, Ordinations of the pundits : from a Persian translation, made from the original, written in the Shanscrit language
- Uniform Title:
- Vivādārnavasētu. English
- Additional Titles:
- Code of Gentoo laws and Ordinations of the pundits
- London : [publisher not identified], 1777.
[Buffalo, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., [between 2009 and 2013]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (cxx, 285 numbered, 3 unnumbered pages, 8 leaves of plates) : facsimiles
- Additional Creators:
- Halhed, Nathaniel Brassey, 1751-1830
- Translated from the Vivādārnạvasetu, a digest of Hindu law in 21 sections (taraṅga) compiled for Warren Hastings by the panḍịts: Bānẹśvara, Krịpārāma, Rāma Gopāla, Krịshnạjīvana, Vīreśvara, Krị̄shnạcandra, Guarīkānta, Kālīśaṅkaṙa, Ṡyāmasundara, Krịshnạkeśava and Sītārāma. cf. Eggeling. Cat. of Sanskrit mss. in Library of the India office, pt. III, 1891, p. 458, no. 1506.
English translation by Nathaniel Brassey Halhed. see page [iii].
"Names of the Brahmins who compiled this work": page lxxvi.
"Glossary of such Shānscrit, Persian, and Bengal words, as occur in this work": pages lxxvii-lxxxvii.
"Names of authors quoted in this compilation": page. lxxxix.
"A list of the books from which this pootee was compiled": pages xc-xci.
View MARC record | catkey: 23475050