Contributions to North American ethnology
- Washington : U.S. Government Printing Office, 1877-1893.
[Buffalo, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 volumes in 9) : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Powell, John Wesley, 1834-1902, Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region (U.S.), and Smithsonian Institution. Bureau of American Ethnology
- I. Tribes of the extreme Northwest / by W.H. Dall; Tribes of western Washington and northwestern Oregon / by Geo. Gibbs. 1877 -- II. The Klamath Indians of southwestern Oregon / by Albert Samuel Gatschet. 2 v. 1890 -- III. Tribes of California / by Stephen Powers. 1877 -- IV. Houses and house-life of the American aborigines / by Lewis H. Morgan. 1881 -- V. [pt. 1] Observations on cup-shaped and other lapidarian sculptures in the Old world and in America / by Charles Rau. 1881; [pt. 2] On prehistoric trephining and cranial amulets / by Robert Fletcher. 1882; [pt. 3] A study of the manuscript Troano / by Cyrus Thomas. 1882 -- VI. The Cegiha language / by James Owen Dorsey. 1800 -- VII. A Dakota-English dictionary / by Stephen Return Riggs; ed. by James Owen Dorsey. 1890 -- IX. Dakota grammar, texts and ethnography / by Stephen Return Riggs; ed. by James Owen Dorsey. 1893.
- At head of title: Department of the Interior. U.S. Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region. J.W. Powell in charge.
After 1879 published under supervision of the Bureau of American Ethnology.
Vol. 8 not published. cf. List of publications of the Bureau of American Ethnology, 1913, p. xvi.
View MARC record | catkey: 23476462