The history of England from the Norman conquest to the death of John (1066-1216) / by George Burton Adams
- Adams, George Burton, 1851-1925
- London : Longmans, Green, and Co., 1905. and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 473 pages, 2 unnumbered leaves of plates) : maps
- The political history of England ; II, HeinOnline legal classics library, HeinOnline Selden Society publications & English legal history, and HeinOnline world constitutions illustrated
- The conquest -- The subjugation of land and church -- William's later years -- Feudalism and a strong king -- William Rufus and Anselm -- The struggle for power -- Conflict with the Church -- The king's foreign interests -- Bargaining for the crown -- Feudalism under a weak king -- The last stage of the civil war -- The king's first work -- King and archbishop -- Conquest and rebellion -- Henry and his sons -- Henry outgeneralled -- Richard I and the crusade -- War and finance -- The loss of Normandy -- Conflict with the papacy -- The great charter.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 448-458) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23482330