Making freedom : the Underground Railroad and the politics of slavery / R.J.M. Blackett
- Blackett, R. J. M., 1943-
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 122 pages).
- HeinOnline UNC Press Law Publications: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- HeinOnline Slavery in America and the World: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Making their way to freedom -- The workings of the 1850 Fugitive slave law -- Taking leave: fugitive slaves and the politics of slavery -- Conclusion: counternarratives.
- United States. Fugitive slave law (1850)
- Fugitive slaves—United States
- Fugitive slaves—Legal status, laws, etc—United States
- Underground Railroad
- Slavery—Political aspects—United States—History—19th century
- Slavery—United States—Legal status of slaves in free states
- United States—Politics and government—1815-1861
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 103-116) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23482371