Moving into the express lane : how to rapidly increase the value of your business / Rick Pay
- Pay, Rick
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2018.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 120 pages) : illustrations
- Supply and operations management collection, 2156-8200
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- 1. Moving fast -- 2. What is strategy? -- 3. Taking a holistic view -- 4. The operations strategy puzzle -- 5. Components of value -- 6. The dimensions of executive thought -- 7. You aren't in this alone -- 8. Focus on results -- 9. Creating an action imperative -- 10. Implementing operations strategy -- Appendix 1 -- Appendix 2 -- About the author -- Index.
- This book will show how to rapidly and exponentially increase a company's value by aligning operations strategy with the business model. Increasing a business's value and potential sale price is important for business transitions as well as for ongoing business operations to accelerate revenue growth, increase profits and cash flow, and to allow the company to increase capacity and grow without capital expense. Many companies focus too much on implementing tactics such as Lean without a strategic framework, which renders their efforts fruitless. By instead taking a holistic operations-based view of strategy and tactics, executives can exponentially improve their company's value. This book is based on the analogy of the express or high-occupancy vehicle lanes on a freeway, where vehicles move much faster than the other lanes where traffic is moving slowly or not at all. The concepts and concrete resources in Moving into the Express Lane are useful to manufacturing, distribution, and retail organizations, as well as any company that has an operations component and suppliers. Executives, managers, professionals, and practitioners at all levels--as well as consultants--will use it as a desktop reference.
- 9781631578441 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 23484389