Transfusion Management of the Obstetrical Patient [electronic resource] : A Clinical Casebook / edited by Theresa Nester
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 230 pages 7 illustrations, 6 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Nester, Theresa and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Obstetrical Management of Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Laboratory Testing and Predictors of Severe Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Component Therapy in Obstetric Hemorrhage -- Evidence for 1:1:1 Transfusion Support and Importance of a Hemorrhage Protocol -- Evidence for/against Administration of Anti-fibrinolytic Agents during an Obstetrical Hemorrhage -- Evidence for/against Administration of Fibrinogen Concentrate and Coagulation Factor Concentrate during an Obstetrical Hemorrhage -- Recommendations on Blood Recovery in Obstetrics -- Thrombocytopenia in Pregnancy -- Von Willebrand Disease in Pregnancy -- Platelet Count and Neuraxial Anesthesia -- ABO Compatibility -- RhD Compatibility -- Other Rh Antibodies that Can Impact Transfusion -- Importance of Getting a Sample for ABO Type Early in a Resuscitation -- Risks of Giving Uncrossmatched Red Cells -- Management of Thrombotic Microangiopathies in Pregnancy.-Hyperhemolysis Syndrome in a Pregnant Woman with Sickle Cell Anemia -- Fetal and Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia -- Weak D in Pregnancy -- Testing Algorithm for Rh Immune Globulin Dosing in the Post-natal RhD-negative Mother -- Pre-transfusion Testing in Women with High -- Warm Autoantibodies During Pregnancy -- Hemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn/Selection of Red Cells for Intrauterine Transfusion -- Maternal Red Cell Alloantibody Directed Against a High Incidence Antigen.
- This clinical casebook covers transfusion medicine theory and its practical implications for the obstetrical hemorrhage patient through the presentation of cases on actively bleeding patients. Each case features a unique clinical scenario involving a bleeding patient and outlines different aspects of safe and effective transfusion support. The cases contain current evidence on the latest topics in the field, such as the use of antifibrinolytic agents and coagulation factor concentrates in the setting of massive obstetrical hemorrhage. In addition to the actively bleeding patient, the casebook includes other important management topics, including the role of plasma exchange in thrombotic microangiopathies during pregnancy; treatment of hyperhemolysis in a patient with hemoglobinopathy; and recommended management of patients with red cell antibodies found on prenatal testing. Other immunohematology topics such as post-natal management of an RhD negative woman for the prevention of hemolytic disease of the newborn due to anti-Rh(D) are included. Written by transfusion medicine, coagulation, obstetrical, and anesthesiology experts,Transfusion Management of the Obstetrical Patient: A Clinical Casebook is a concise yet comprehensive resource for anesthesiologists, obstetricians, pathologists, hematologists, and other practitioners who treat obstetrical hemorrhage patients.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 23485441