Saphenous Vein-Sparing Strategies in Chronic Venous Disease [electronic resource] / edited by Paolo Zamboni, Erika Mendoza, Sergio Gianesini
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 289 pages 223 illustrations, 203 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Zamboni, Paolo, Mendoza, Erika, Gianesini, Sergio, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Foreword -- Preface -- I Introduction to the Concept and Rationale of the Saphenous Sparing Strategies -- 1 General aspects -- II Anatomical and Diagnostic Basis -- 2 Anatomy of leg veins -- 3 Duplex-sonography of superficial leg -- III CHIVA -- 4 History of CHIVA and distribution over the world -- 5 Physiologic basics of CHIVA -- 6 CHIVA-Strategy -- 7 Documentation -- 8 The surgical intervention technique -- 9 Indications and Organization around the CHIVA Strategy -- 10 CHIVA in case of deep venous insufficiency -- 11 Results of CHIVA in Literature -- IV Other Saphenous vein sparing Strategies -- 12 Extraluminal Valvuloplasty -- 13 ASVAL -- V Possibilities to treat a patient in a modern phlebologic setting -- 14 Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ressources -- 15 Treatment options. .
- This book is designed to equip the reader with a detailed knowledge of the pathophysiology of chronic venous disease and an understanding of the clinical benefits of restoring venous drainage by saphenous vein-sparing procedures, including minimization of invasiveness and reduction of the recurrence rate. All of the techniques currently available for vein-sparing strategies, including novel endovenous options, are clearly described and illustrated, with explanation of the role and value of recent technical innovations. The reader is guided through the entire management process, starting from diagnosis and proceeding through evaluation of the individual patient’s needs to the successful implementation of appropriate treatment. In addition, the literature on relevant diagnostic and therapeutic protocols is thoroughly reviewed, covering all significant publications to the present day. The content is kept as simple as possible to help those new to the field. At the same time, the deep insights into theoretical and technical aspects will support even the most advanced specialists in their everyday practice. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 23485467