Ode for the birthday of Queen Anne ; Anthem for the Foundling Hospital / Handel
- [Place of publication not identified] : Decca, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Nelson, Judith, Kirkby, Emma, Minty, Shirley, Bowman, James, Hill, Martyn, Thomas, David, 1943-, Preston, Simon, Philips, Ambrose, 1674-1749, Anne, Queen of Great Britain, 1665-1714, Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759, Haydn, Joseph, 1732-1809, Christ Church Cathedral (Oxford, England). Choir, and Academy of Ancient Music (1973- )
- Language Note:
- Sung in English and Latin.
- Ode for the birthday of Queen Anne/Handel (25:58) -- Anthem for the Foundling Hospital/Handel (28:42) -- Missa brevis in F major/Haydn (14:04).
- ["00:25:58", "00:28:42", "00:14:04"]
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Previously released in 1978.
Text of the 1st work by Ambrose Philips.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Judith Nelson, Emma Kirkby, sopranos ; Shirley Minty, contralto ; James Bowman, counter-tenor ; Martyn Hill, tenor ; David Thomas, bass ; Choir of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford ; Academy of Ancient Music ; Simon Preston, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Handel recorded 1977 December All Saints Church, Tooting, London.
Haydn recorded 1977 July St. Jude's, Hampstead Garden Suburg, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 23486125