Oxford American handbook of hospice and palliative medicine and supportive care / edited by Sriram Yennurajalingam, Eduardo Bruera
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of hospice and palliative medicine and supportive care and Oxford American handbook of hospice and palliative medicine
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Yennurajalingam, Sriram and Bruera, Eduardo
- Oxford American handbooks
- Cover; Series; Oxford American Handbook of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care; Copyright; Contents; Contributors; 1 Definitions and Key Elements in Palliative and Supportive Care; 2 Symptom Assessment; 3 Clinical Decision-Making; 4 Pain Assessment and Management; 5 Fatigue; 6 Cachexia; 7 Dehydration; 8 Anxiety and Depression; 9 Sleep Disturbance; 10 Chronic Nausea and Vomiting; 11 Constipation and Bowel Obstruction; 12 Delirium; 13 Clinical Issues Related to Palliative Sedation; 14 Breathlessness; 15 Emergencies in Palliative Care, 16 Other Symptoms: Xerostomia, Hiccups, Pruritis, Pressure Ulcers and Wound Care, Lymphedema, and Myoclonus17 Management of Cancer Treatment-Related Adverse Effects; 18 Radiotherapy and Palliative Care; 19 Hospice Approach to Palliative Care; 20 Psychosocial and Cultural Considerations in Palliative Care; 21 Spiritual Issues in Palliative Care; 22 The Palliative Care Team; 23 Family Conference: Role in Palliative Care; 24 Ethical Aspects of Palliative Medicine; 25 Prognostication in Palliative Care; 26 Frequent Pharmacological Interactions in Palliative Care; 27 Pediatric Palliative Care, and 28 Palliative Care in Older Adults29 Palliative Care in End-Stage Heart Failure; 30 Palliative Care in End-Stage Liver Disease; 31 Kidney Palliative Care; 32 Palliative Care in Patients with AIDS; 33 Palliative Care in End-Stage Neurological Disease; 34 Palliative Care in End-Stage Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease; 35 Palliative Care in the Intensive Care Unit; 36 Research in Terminally Ill Patients; 37 Prevention and Management of Burnout and Compassion Fatigue in Healthcare Providers; Index
- 9780199375318 electronic bk. and 0199375313 electronic bk.
- Preceded by "Oxford American handbook of hospice and palliative medicine / edited by Eduardo Bruera, Sriram Yennurajalingam.2011" - t.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23491189