Power control apparatus and methods for electric vehicles [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2016. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- University of California (System). Regents, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging apparatus and methods are described which allow the sharing of charge current between multiple vehicles connected to a single source of charging energy. In addition, this charge sharing can be performed in a grid-friendly manner by lowering current supplied to EVs when necessary in order to satisfy the needs of the grid, or building operator. The apparatus and methods can be integrated into charging stations or can be implemented with a middle-man approach in which a multiple EV charging box, which includes an EV emulator and multiple pilot signal generation circuits, is coupled to a single EV charge station.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/22/2016., "9,290,104", "13/975,313", and Rajit Gadh; Ching-Yen Chung; Chi-Cheng Chu; Li Qiu.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23492156