Engine having a variable valve actuation system [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An engine has a cylinder head having a first surface and a second surface spaced from the first surface. A valve is moveably connected to the cylinder head. A rocker arm is connected to the valve, and a rocker shaft having a first location spaced a maximum distance from the cylinder head is connected to the rocker arm. A support member has and an actuator fluid passage network. The actuator fluid passage network defines a volume. The support member is connected to the cylinder head and is positioned such that a majority of the volume of the actuator fluid passage network is between the first location of the rocker shaft and the second surface of the cylinder head.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/12/2004., "6,802,285", "US patent application 10/324,049", Hefler, Gregory W. (Chillicothe, IL)., and Caterpillar Inc. (Peoria, IL)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23492541