Cosmic clustering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2016.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Harvard University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We show that the late time Hartle-Hawking wave function for a free massless scalar in a fixed de Sitter background encodes a sharp ultrametric structure for the standard Euclidean distance on the space of field configurations. This implies a hierarchical, tree-like organization of the state space, reflecting its genesis as a branched diffusion process. In conclusion, an equivalent mathematical structure organizes the state space of the Sherrington-Kirkpatrick model of a spin glass.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:1326945
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Journal of High Energy Physics (Online) 2016 6 ISSN 1029-8479 AM
Dionysios Anninos; Frederik Denef.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23495568