The clustering of galaxies in the completed SDSS-III Baryon Oscillation Spectroscopic Survey [electronic resource] : Single-probe measurements from DR12 galaxy clustering – towards an accurate model
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2016.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 3,781-3,793 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We analyze the broad-range shape of the monopole and quadrupole correlation functions of the BOSS Data Release 12 (DR12) CMASS and LOWZ galaxy sample to obtain constraints on the Hubble expansion rate H(z), the angular-diameter distance DA(z), the normalised growth rate f(z)σ8(z), and the physical matter density Ωmh2. In addition, we adopt wide and flat priors on all model parameters in order to ensure the results are those of a `single-probe' galaxy clustering analysis. We also marginalize over three nuisance terms that account for potential observational systematics affecting the measured monopole. However, such Monte Carlo Markov Chain analysis is computationally expensive for advanced theoretical models, thus we develop a new methodology to speed up our analysis.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--112529-2016-ja
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 461 4 ISSN 0035-8711 AM
Chia -Hsun Chuang; Marco Pellejero-Ibanez; Sergio Rodriguez-Torres; Ashley J. Ross; Gong Bo Zhao; Yuting Wang; Antonio J. Cuesta; J. A. Rubino-Martin; Francisco Prada; Shadab Alam; Florian Beutler; Daniel J. Eisenstein; Hector Gil-Martin; Jan Kiklas Grieb; Shirley Ho; Francisco -Shu Kitaura; Will J. Percival; Graziano Rossi; Salvador Salazar-Albornoz; Lado Samushia; Ariel G. Sanchez; Siddharth Satpathy; Anze Slosar; Jeremy L. Tinker; Rita Tojeiro; Mariana Vargas-Magana; Jose A. Vazquez; Joel R. Brownstein; Robert C. Nichol; Matthew D. Olmstead.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23495574