The many meanings of gross photosynthesis and their implication for photosynthesis research from leaf to globe [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2015.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 2,500-2,507 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- different meanings by different communities. We review the history of this term and associated concepts to clarify the terminology and make recommendations about a consistent use of terms in accordance with photosynthetic theory. We show that a widely used eddy covariance CO2 flux partitioning approach yields estimates which are quantitatively closer to the definition of true photosynthesis despite aiming at estimating apparent photosynthesis.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:1265743
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Plant, Cell and Environment 38 12 ISSN 0140-7791 AM
Georg Wohlfahrt; Lianhong Gu.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23498359