Method and apparatus for conversion of carbonaceous materials to liquid fuel [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2015. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Embodiments of the invention relates to conversion of hydrocarbon material including but not limited to coal and biomass to a synthetic liquid transportation fuel. The invention includes the integration of a non-catalytic first reaction scheme, which converts carbonaceous materials into a solid product that includes char and ash and a gaseous product; a non-catalytic second reaction scheme, which converts a portion of the gaseous product from the first reaction scheme to light olefins and liquid byproducts; a traditional gas-cleanup operations; and the third reaction scheme to combine the olefins from the second reaction scheme to produce a targeted fuel like liquid transportation fuels.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/2015., "9,199,889", "13/815,766", Lux, Kenneth; Namazian, Mehdi; Kelly, John., and ALTEX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION, Sunnyvale, CA (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23501791