Half-BPS Wilson loop and AdS<sub>2</sub>/CFT<sub>1</sub> [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 499-527 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation (U.S.), Belgium. Office of the European Research Council Executive Agency (ERCEA), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Here, we study correlation functions of local operator insertions on the 1/2-BPS Wilson line in N=4 super Yang–Mills theory. These correlation functions are constrained by the 1d superconformal symmetry pre-served by the 1/2-BPS Wilson line and define a defect CFT1 living on the line. At strong coupling, a set of elementary operator insertions with protected scaling dimensions correspond to fluctuations of the dual fundamental string in AdS5×S5 ending on the line at the boundary and can be thought of as light fields propagating on the AdS2 worldsheet. We use AdS/CFT techniques to compute the tree-level AdS2 Witten diagrams describing the strong coupling limit of the four-point functions of the dual operator insertions. Using the OPE, we also extract the leading strong coupling corrections to the anomalous dimensions of the “two-particle” operators built out of elementary excitations. In the case of the circular Wilson loop, we match our results for the 4-point functions of a special type of scalar insertions to the prediction of localization to 2d Yang–Mills theory.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:1425733
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Nuclear Physics. B 922 C ISSN 0550-3213 AM
Simone Giombi; Radu Roiban; Arkady A. Tseytlin.
Pennsylvania State Univ., University Park, PA (United States)
Univ. of California, Santa Barbara, CA (United States)
Russian Science Foundation
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23502983