Dark matter annihilation with s-channel internal Higgsstrahlung [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2016.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 277-281 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division
National Science Foundation (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We study the scenario of fermionic dark matter that annihilates to standard model fermions through an s-channel axial vector mediator. We point out that the well-known chirality suppression of the annihilation cross section can be alleviated by s-channel internal Higgsstrahlung. The shapes of the cosmic ray spectra are identical to that of t-channel internal Higgsstrahlung in the limit of a heavy mediating particle. Unlike the general case of t-channel bremsstrahlung, s-channel Higgsstrahlung can be the dominant annihilation process even for Dirac dark matter. Finally, since the s-channel mediator can be a standard model singlet, collider searches for the mediator are easily circumvented.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physics Letters. Section B 759 ISSN 0370-2693 AM
Jason Kumar; Jiajun Liao; Danny Marfatia.
Univ. of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23503198