Holographic heavy ion collisions with baryon charge [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics, 2016. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 108 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We numerically simulate collisions of charged shockwaves in Einstein-Maxwell theory in anti-de Sitter space as a toy model of heavy ion collisions with non-zero baryon charge. The stress tensor and the baryon current become well described by charged hydrodynamics at roughly the same time. The effect of the charge density on generic observables is typically no larger than 15%. Finally, we find significant stopping of the baryon charge and compare our results with those in heavy ion collision experiments.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/19/2016., ": 4697", Journal of High Energy Physics (Online) 2016 9 ISSN 1029-8479 AM, Jorge Casalderrey-Solana; David Mateos; Wilke van der Schee; Miquel Triana., European Commission (EC) (Belgium), and Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (MINECO) (Spain)
- Funding Information:
- SC0011090, FP7-PEOPLE-2012-GIG-333786, FPA2013-40360-ERC, MEC FPA2013-46570-C2-1-P, MEC FPA2013-46570-C2-2-P, MDM-2014-0369, 2014-SGR-104, 2014-SGR-1474, CPAN CSD2007-00042, and HoloLHC-306605
View MARC record | catkey: 23503639