Strangeness suppression of <math display='inline'><mi>q</mi><mover accent='true'><mi>q</mi><mo accent='true' stretchy='false'>¯</mo></mover></math> creation observed in exclusive reactions [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2014.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 152,004 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this study, we measured the ratios of electroproduction cross sections from a proton target for three exclusive meson-baryon final states: ΛK+, pπ0, and nπ+, with the CLAS detector at Jefferson Lab. Using a simple model of quark hadronization, we extract qq¯ creation probabilities for the first time in exclusive two-body production, in which only a single qq¯ pair is created. We observe a sizable suppression of strange quark-antiquark pairs compared to nonstrange pairs, similar to that seen in high-energy production.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:jlab-phy--14-1944
E 1.99: doe/or/23177--3197
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review Letters 113 15 ISSN 0031-9007; PRLTAO AM
Mestayer, M.; Park, K.; Adhikari, K.; Aghasyan, M.; Pereira, S.; Ball, J.; Battaglieri, M.; Batourine, V.; Bedlinskiy, I.; Biselli, A.; Boiarinov, S.; Briscoe, W.; Brooks, W.; Burkert, V.; Carman, D.; Celentano, A.; Chandavar, S.; Charles, G.; Colaneri, L.; Cole, P.; Contalbrigo, M.; Cortes, O.; Crede, V.; D’Angelo, A.; Dashyan, N.; et al.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23503807