Precision study of the η → μ<sup>+</sup>μ<sup>-</sup>γ and ω → μ<sup>+</sup>μ<sup>-</sup>π<sup>0</sup> electromagnetic transition form-factors and of the ρ → μ<sup>+</sup>μ<sup>-</sup> line shape in NA60 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2016. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 437-444 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The NA60 experiment studied low-mass muon pair production in proton–nucleus (p–A) collisions using a 400 GeV proton beam at the CERN SPS. The low-mass dimuon spectrum is well described by the superposition of the two-body and Dalitz decays of the light neutral mesons η, ρ, ω, η' and φ, and no evidence of in-medium effects is found. A new high-precision measurement of the electromagnetic transition form factors of the η and ω was performed, profiting from a 10 times larger data sample than the peripheral In–In sample previously collected by NA60. Using the pole-parameterisation
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/11/2016., "bnl--113815-2017-ja", "KA2501032", Physics Letters. Section B 757 ISSN 0370-2693 AM, and Arnaldi, R.; Banicz, K.; Borer, K.; Castor, J.; Chaurand, B.; Chen, W.; Cicalò, C.; Colla, A.; Cortese, P.; Damjanovic, S.; David, A.; de Falco, A.; Devaux, A.; Ducroux, L.; En'yo, H.; Fargeix, J.; Ferretti, A.; Floris, M.; Förster, A.; Force, P.; Guettet, N.; Guichard, A.; Gulkanian, H.; Heuser, J.; Jarron, P.; et al.
- Funding Information:
- SC0012704 and PO 024
View MARC record | catkey: 23503879