Muon g - 2 in the aligned two Higgs doublet model [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2016. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 97 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Wisconsin--Madison, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this paper, we study the Two-Higgs-Doublet Model with the aligned Yukawa sector (A2HDM) in light of the observed excess measured in the muon anomalous magnetic moment. We take into account the existing theoretical and experimental constraints with up-to-date values and demonstrate that a phenomenologically interesting region of parameter space exists. With a detailed parameter scan, we show a much larger region of viable parameter space in this model beyond the limiting case Type X 2HDM as obtained before. It features the existence of light scalar states with masses 3 GeV ≲ m<sub>H</sub> ≲ 50 GeV, or 10 GeV ≲ m<sub>A</sub> ≲ 130 GeV, with enhanced couplings to tau leptons. The charged Higgs boson is typically heavier, with 200 GeV ≲ m<sub>H<sup>+</sup></sub> ≲ 630 GeV. The surviving parameter space is forced into the CP-conserving limit by EDM constraints. Some Standard Model observables may be significantly modified, including a possible new decay mode of the SMlike Higgs boson to four taus. Lastly, we comment on future measurements and direct searches for those effects at the LHC as tests of the model.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/16/2016., ": 3165", Journal of High Energy Physics (Online) 2016 2 ISSN 1029-8479 AM, and Tao Han; Sin Kyu Kang; Joshua Sayre.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23503954