Measurement of the transverse momentum distribution of <math display='inline'><mi>W</mi></math> bosons in <math display='inline'><mi>p</mi><mi>p</mi></math> collisions at <math display='inline'><msqrt><mi>s</mi></msqrt><mo>=</mo><mn>7</mn><mtext></mtext><mtext></mtext><mi>TeV</mi></math> with the ATLAS detector [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2012.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 012,005 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This study describes a measurement of the W boson transverse momentum distribution using ATLAS pp collision data from the 2010 run of the LHC at √s = 7 TeV, corresponding to an integrated luminosity of about 31 pb<sup>–1</sup>. Events form both W→eν and W→μν are used, and the transverse momentum of the W candidates is measured through the energy deposition in the calorimeter from the recoil of the W. The resulting distributions are unfolded to obtain the normalized differential cross sections as a function of the W boson transverse momentum. We present results for p<sup>W</sup><sub>T</sub> < 300 GeV in the electron and muon channels as well as for their combination, and compare the combined results to the predictions of perturbative QCD and a selection of event generators.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review. D, Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology 85 1 ISSN 1550-7998; PRVDAQ AM
Aad, G.; Abbott, B.; Abdallah, J.; Abdelalim, A.; Abdesselam, A.; Abdinov, O.; Abi, B.; Abolins, M.; Abramowicz, H.; Abreu, H.; Acerbi, E.; Acharya, B.; Adams, D.; Addy, T.; Adelman, J.; Aderholz, M.; Adomeit, S.; Adragna, P.; Adye, T.; Aefsky, S.; Aguilar-Saavedra, J.; Aharrouche, M.; Ahlen, S.; Ahles, F.; Ahmad, A.; et al.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23504534