Central limit theorem for variable size simple random sampling from a finite population [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 27 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper introduces a sampling plan for finite populations herein called ''variable size simple random sampling'' and compares properties of estimators based on it with results from the usual fixed size simple random sampling without replacement. Necessary and sufficient conditions (in the spirit of Hajek) for the limiting distribution of the sample total (or sample mean) to be normal are given. 19 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23504747