Formation of excited H by impact of H/sub 1//sup +/,H/sub 2//sup +/,H/sub 3//sup +/ ions on metal surfaces. [20 to 200 keV] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The H/sub ..beta../ line emission from backscattered excited H atoms when polycrystalline Mo and Cu targets were bombarded by H/sub 1//sup +/, H/sub 2//sup +/, and H/sub 3//sup +/ ions at 20 to 200 keV was studied. The line profile yields information on the distribution in speed and angles of the particles. Projectile energy dependence of the Balmer line emission coefficient is shown for H/sub 1//sup +/ and H/sub 2//sup +/ on Mo and H/sub 1//sup +/, H/sub 2//sup +/, and H/sub 3//sup +/ on Cu. The model adopted for predicting emission coefficient remains valid provided account is taken of the energy dependence of the probability of recoils' being excited. The emission coefficient is not a sensitive function of the fraction of backscattered atoms. The emission coefficient for a high-impact-energy proton is dominated by the low-energy recoils. 2 figures. (RWR)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:oro-2591-85
E 1.99: conf-770931-7
- Published through SciTech Connect.
7. international conference on atomic collisions in solids, Moscow, F.R. Germany, 19 Sep 1977.
Rausch, E.O.; Thomas, E.W.
Georgia Inst. of Tech., Atlanta (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23504854