Experimental studies on group ignition of a cloud of coal particles [electronic resource] : Quarterly progress report No. 2, November 16, 1988--February 15, 1989
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Texas A & M University. Department of Mechanical Engineering
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In studies of the ignition and combustion of clouds of particles the feeder system is an important component of the experimental apparatus. The accuracy of the data obtained from the reactor depends greatly on the feeder system's capacity to provide a wide range of stable mass flow rates for a variety of particle sizes. The combustion and ignition of coal/chars is being investigated. Design and modifications to the fuel feeding system of the experimental apparatus is discussed. 7 figs., (CBS)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23505298